What is Sever
Nowadays, many companies or organizations are depositing information through service providers. For storing data or processing applications instead of storing all the data and processing on Storage or Datacenter in their own office. We call this type of server that is placed in this office as an On-premise Server that stores information and processes according to our needs. It is called a server. In fact, the word server itself has a much broader meaning. Depending on the nature of use Let’s look at what the server definition is.
The server is different from the normal computer. Go where it can handle large servicing and processing. Always ready to serve users upon request or need. Can support connection through the Internet network. It has high efficiency and is very safe. It is mostly contained within a highly reliable datacenter. And be taken care of (Maintenance) by experienced and knowledgeable who have been continuously trained in the matter of managing various types of servers.
The operating system used in the Server will be 3 of these operating systems
1. Linux. The most popular Linux distributions are Debian, Ubuntu, Redhat and Fedora, etc. Linux is a free operating system. Along with developers around the world to jointly develop
2. Windows Server for Windows is Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008, which are the most stable and generally accepted operating systems from Microsoft.
3. Unix for Unix for this operating system is one of the oldest operating systems. That are still in use to this day include BSD.
Benefits of using a server
1.High efficiency Able to process or support a large amount of software and application at the same time
2. Secure. Most servers provide services under a highly reliable Data Center. Therefore being supervised and managed by specialists Ready to investigate problems quickly
3. Trustworthy Designed for High-Volume Computing with Efficient Hardware And ready to service at any time Therefore, it is difficult to cause downtime and loss of data when hardware is down.
4.Convenient and flexible Supports access to use through the Internet network. Without equipment restrictions And access can manage, update, edit and share information Simultaneously quickly
5.Easy to manage Servers support a wide variety of software installations.Software or Applications may come with a User Interface to allow users to easily service, manage or set up.
Conclusion Server is a very important device in the Internet and in the network. The capabilities of the Server that we can apply according to the function and nature of the work to be compatible with different server types for the best performance.